SPECIAL NOTICE!!! WE WILL BE GIVING THE MODERNA COVID19 VACCINATION BY APPOINTMENT ONLY ON MAY 4, 2021 IN OUR PORTAGE LOCATION. CALL TODAY FOR YOURS! PLEASE CALL 269-342-0196 TO SET UP AN APPOINTMENT.
- Hives are raised, red welts of various sizes that are typically itchy.
- In some instances, hives are associated with swelling. (Angioedema).
- Hives can be acute (lasting for a few hours or days) or chronic (lasting for six weeks or longer).
- Acute hives are commonly caused by an overreaction to foods, drugs, insect stings or infections. Most cases of Chronic hives, the cause cannot be found (Idiopathic Urticaria).
- Finding the cause, avoiding the trigger and early treatment is recommended.
- Although many times a specific cause is not identified, safe effective treatment options are available.
- Allergists help identify causes by taking a detailed history, ordering special laboratory tests and customizing treatment plan.