SPECIAL NOTICE!!! WE WILL BE GIVING THE MODERNA COVID19 VACCINATION BY APPOINTMENT ONLY ON MAY 4, 2021 IN OUR PORTAGE LOCATION. CALL TODAY FOR YOURS! PLEASE CALL 269-342-0196 TO SET UP AN APPOINTMENT.
- An adverse allergic reaction to a medication.
- There are two major types of drug reactions: Immediate and Delayed.
- Immediate reactions include hives, flushing, swelling, throat tightness, wheezing, shortness of breath, nausea, vomiting, feeling light-headed and other symptoms.
- Immediate reactions can be life-threatening.
- Delayed reactions are typically less serious and result in a rash that can occur days after taking a medication.
- Delayed reactions are generally not life-threatening.
- Allergists help identify drug allergies through skin testing, blood testing, and oral challenges so that patients may continue to use medication safely.