SPECIAL NOTICE!!! WE WILL BE GIVING THE MODERNA COVID19 VACCINATION BY APPOINTMENT ONLY ON MAY 4, 2021 IN OUR PORTAGE LOCATION. CALL TODAY FOR YOURS! PLEASE CALL 269-342-0196 TO SET UP AN APPOINTMENT.
- Condition in which eosinophils build up in the esophagus resulting in inflammation and tissue damage.
- Although the definite cause has not been established, food allergies may play a role in this inflammation and disease.
- Symptoms include food sticking, trouble swallowing, heartburn, feeding problems in young children, nausea and vomiting.
- Diagnosis is confirmed by performing an endoscopy with biopsy revealing elevated eosinophils in the esophagus.
- Allergists help identify the possible role of food allergies in patients diagnosed with Eosinophilic Esophagitis and work with a gastroenterologist in managing the disease.