SPECIAL NOTICE!!! WE WILL BE GIVING THE MODERNA COVID19 VACCINATION BY APPOINTMENT ONLY ON MAY 4, 2021 IN OUR PORTAGE LOCATION. CALL TODAY FOR YOURS! PLEASE CALL 269-342-0196 TO SET UP AN APPOINTMENT.
- Utilizes manufactured extracts and fresh foods containing common allergens to identify allergies.
- Involves a mild prick or scratch on the skin that does not cause bleeding or pain for the patient.
- A positive result will cause a bump and redness (similar to a mosquito bite) and usually develops within 15 minutes.
- Testing is typically done on the arm or back.
- Sometimes additional intradermal testing (injection of a tiny amount of extract just under the skin) may be needed.
- Skin testing is available for many foods and environmental allergens and is typically less costly, quicker and more reliable than blood testing.
- Allergists perform and interpret skin testing in the office to help diagnose and manage allergic conditions.